I am usually not a discontented person. (some may protest this statement)
But, really, I am so blessed and at the risk of sounding ungrateful for what I have,
can I share what has been on my want (dream) list?
Always, in the back of my mind, is an image of my dream home.
I can be happy without it, but I catch myself not enjoying what I have
because I have become so focused on what I want instead.
I admit it. Some days I could be called a whiner.
Lately, Mr. Finely Done and I have looked at a few properties that sounded promising.
But so far the stars have not aligned themselves to make my dream home a reality.
On my wish list……
- A big Southern porch
- A screen porch or sunroom. I now have patios and uncovered porches.. not very enjoyable during summer months.
- Designated room for crafts, art and my stuff. Now it seems to be scattered about in every room.
- Three bedrooms and 3 baths.
- Safe neighborhood.
On the list of Mr. Finely Done.
- Must have view ……(mountains, water, golf course)
- Must have big lot. At least two acres would be good. (room for goats???????)
- And all of this within an unrealistic price range….so it seems.
- Neither one of us mind a moderate renovation project.
Recently we saw a home that fit most of the items on our lists. ……….. except for
location, neighborhood and it is on a small lot.
The price is right and it is so beautiful.
This one made my heart skip a beat. Get ready to be wowed if you are in love, as I am, with older homes.
Isn’t she beautiful? …. Built in 1895. It has been updated. I could even live with the kitchen for a while.
Sigh….sigh………sigh ……… small lot, neighborhood is questionable and it’s in a town we’re not
sure we want to live in …… and lacking a view.
While I’m not ready to give up my dream, I will be more thankful for what I have and
put the brakes on the whining.(wink, wink)